Medstead Parish Council
Medstead & Four Marks NP
We are pleased to announce the Medstead and Four Marks Neighbourhood Plan was accepted by our community at Referendum on 5th May 2016 by 2001 votes for and 140 against with 7 spoiled papers.
A majority of 93.45% were in favour of our Plan.
There was a 41% turnout.
On Thursday 12th May 2016, the Plan was taken to East Hampshire District Council Full Council meeting where it was formally adopted.
We now have a Plan that will be of considerable benefit to our community over the next few years. Our Neighbourhood Plan:
- has defined the Settlement Policy Boundaries for Medstead Village, ‘South Medstead’ and Four Marks.
- has created a ‘Local Gap’ to protect the area between South Medstead and Medstead Village from development.
- protects local employment sites from significant change of use for a year, should businesses fail.
- supports local centres within the villages and supports the local shopping facilities
- encourages commercial development in the area with the Railway Hub.
- gives protection to 12 Local Green Spaces in Medstead and Four Marks
- promotes a Wild Flower Walk.
- promotes a Green Infrastructure Network for the benefit of the Community.
- supports the consideration of green infrastructure and biodiversity in any new development.
- promotes sustainable drainage on major developments.
A copy of the decision statement and neighbourhood plan can be viewed at the following locations:
- East Hampshire District Council (EHDC), Penns Place, Petersfield, GU31 4EX
- Alton Library, Vicarage Hill, Alton GU34 1HT
- Medstead Parish Office, Lymington Barn, Lymington Bottom Road, Medstead GU34 5EW
- Four Marks Parish Office, Lymington Barn, Lymington Bottom Road, Medstead GU34 5EW
- Watercress Medical Surgery, Lymington Barn, Lymington Bottom Road, Medstead GU34 5EW
- Boundaries Surgery, 17 Winchester Road, Four Marks, Alton, GU34 5HG
- Church of Good Shepherd, Lymington Bottom, Four Marks
- St. Andrew's Church, Wield Road, Medstead, GU34 5LX
Please click the link above for the Plan detail.
In accordance with the regulations, EHDC has also published documents on its website (www.easthants.gov.uk/medsteadFourMarksNP)
For further information please contact the EHDC Planning Policy Team on 01730 234280 or firstname.lastname@example.org